Monday, January 9, 2012

Longest Training Run & 2012 Race Schedule

Today, I did my longest run ever. (well for the time being). 16 whole miles! I did it on a treadmill at the YMCA because I knew it would be more forgiving to my feet (I start Physical Therapy tomorrow - yay). 16 miles on a treadmill is, well, I don't recommend it. But I took my gels, drank my nuun, listened to my music, and just kept going. It took me 3 hours 15 minutes (including the time where I had to stop to reset the treadmill because it automatically stops at an hour, and the one time I had to refill my water at the water fountain). Moving time was 3 hours 9 minutes (avg pace 11:48). And get this, my heart rate averaged 176 and I burnt 2,287 calories! That's crazy. And it's even crazier that I have to add 10.2 miles to that, but one run at a time. For now, I took my ice bath and am rocking my compression socks and shorts!

I think I've got my race schedule figured out. This is by no means set in stone. The races with an asterisk are ones I've already registered for.


January 29 - Tinker Bell Half Marathon*
Totally a surprise and so exciting!

March 17- Rock 'N' Roll USA Nation's Capital Marathon*
The big one. My first marathon.


May 6 - Philly's Broadstreet Run - 10 mile
My first 10 miler.


May 19 - NJ/Philly RunAmuck Mud Run - 5K*
After dong the NY RunAmuck Mud Run last June, I'm excited to do another with my partner from last time along with my sister and her friend!


September 3 - Warwick Lions 5K
This will be my third time running this race! I'm hoping a summer of track workouts with the running club will bring me to a PR for this.


September 30 - Ocean City, NJ Half Marathon
This was such a great race that I am excited to run it again!


November 4 - Run the Bridge 10K
This will my third time running this race, and my sister has made it a goal to make this her first 10K! Fun race!


November 18 - Philadelphia Half Marathon
My sister has committed to running a half marathon this year! So exciting. I will be running this one by her side.


I'm guessing I'll throw in another 5k at some point, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with this! Here's to 2012!

1 comment:

  1. !. You are completely nuts for doing 16 on a treadmill and having a positive oiutlook on it.

    2. Your race schedule will change 9 million times :-) and so will your training plan, but none of it matters, all that matters is you continue to run happily and you don't get faster then me during my injury (JK)

    3. CONGRATS!!!! You only have to add like 10 miles, which is nothing to you at this point to make it the full.

    4. I have to say I am soooo sad I can't run with you in March, but I will be there with Giant signs etc. the whole way. :-)

    5. YOU ARE GOING TO KILL THE MARATHON!!!! or your feet trying

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! Leave your comments.

It may not show up immediately because I moderate comments due to spam. I promise I'll get to it as soon as possible and look forward to talking to you!