Sunday, April 2, 2017

What Makes Your Light Shine Bright?



Originally published on Facebook on February 20, 2017.

I spent the weekend at an elementary school retreat at camp with some awesome young people talking about being bright lights in the darkness.

For one activity, we finished the sentence "my light shines bright when...." on pieces of paper to fill a lightbulb. How would you finish that sentence? What can you do today and this week to be light in the darkness?

I know my light shines bright when I get good sleep. My light shines bright when I spend time in nature. My light shines bright when I care for my family and my community. My light shines bright when I make people laugh. My light shines bright when I am brave and kind. My light shines bright when I listen to others. My light shines bright when I tell my story.

I love that being of service to others and caring deeply for myself are both things that make my light shine bright. It's not one or the other, it's both! What makes your light shine bright?

#lightoftheworld #braveandkind #selfcareisntselfish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave your comments.

It may not show up immediately because I moderate comments due to spam. I promise I'll get to it as soon as possible and look forward to talking to you!